Maintenance Technician (4-day workweek)
$27 – $29 an hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Wellness program
Thistle is a mission-based, affordable housing Real Estate company in Boulder, CO. Boulder faces a critical shortage of affordable housing and Thistle is in a unique position to create and preserve the quality and quantity of housing for working and lower & moderate-income individuals & families.
We’re a business-oriented, private non-profit, operating and managing 19 apartment complexes. We also play a role in homeownership with our Community Land Trust (CLT) and Resident-Owned Communities (ROC) models. We’ve been in business for nearly 35 years and enjoy strong community support. To learn more about Thistle, visit: www.thistle.us.
How Thistle Operates
We work in a well-established collaborative environment of about 40 people where you’ll have significant responsibility and the opportunity to engage with professional resources to amplify your experience. Work is accomplished independently and within your properties’ specific team; you will be accountable for goals and performance of your team that support the overall direction of the company. We are dedicated to making the work experience meaningful, productive & rewarding!
Schedule: 4-Day Work Week Policy, either Monday–Thursday or Tuesday–Friday, to be determined with Supervisor. Daily hours start at 8am. Work weeks average 36 hours on average, however this may vary depending on responsibilities
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing physical components within and structures of buildings at assigned properties (each portfolio has between one to five scattered sites; the company has 19 properties total).
The primary function of the Maintenance Tech is to maintain the essential functions of apartment communities, including plumbing, HVAC, electrical, appliances and safety systems in a timely and cost-effective manner, including but not limited to –
- Takes responsibility for the appearance of each community, including regular duties from groundskeeping to turns (all aspects of property appearance).
- Interacts with residents using clear, professional, positive, and effective communication, problem solving, and great customer relations skills.
- Completes unit turns on time and to Thistle quality standards.
- Completes work orders on time and to Thistle’s quality standards.
- Maintains accurate record keeping related to physical and operational aspects of apartment communities and delivers reports and information on time without reminder.
- Consistent, Clear & Concise Communication with your Portfolio Manager.
- Participates in the Thistle emergency maintenance program, which includes being on-call after hours to respond to assigned properties in a timely and professional manner. On-call is done in rotation with all members of the maintenance technician staff.
Supervisor: Portfolio Manager
Requirements for all applicants:
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repair functions related to apartment residence and common areas within a multifamily housing community.
- Must be willing and able to paint interiors, including unit turns on vacant units to keep affordable units moving to occupancy.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a reliable vehicle and are willing and able to drive to the Gunbarrel neighborhood of Boulder every workday and to drive between properties as needed. Good driving record.
- Candidates must be able to meet a 45-minute response time to Boulder and/or Longmont for on-call and/or emergencies.
- You have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
Starting hourly rate requires: Three years of experience in property maintenance, preferably with apartment communities
For top hourly pay: Ten years of multi-family or multi-unit apartment maintenance experience for top hourly rate; can demonstrate adherence to a corporate schedule; or has recent and relevant certifications in related field of maintenance (CAMT, CBO, CMRT).
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply NOW to join our team!
Please submit your résumé with a cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for this position!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com