Maintenance Technician (4-day work week)
Lead Maintenance Technician (Boulder/Longmont)
Who Are We?
Thistle Communities is a local nonprofit that manages 16 affordable apartment complexes in Boulder and Longmont. We’ve been around for 25 years and we continue to grow, so we’re expanding our team of Maintenance Technicians. We’re a small team of devoted, caring, and hard-working folks. We make a difference in people’s lives every day and we’re looking for dedicated employees with a desire to do the same.
Who Are You?
You have excellent technical skills in all aspects of maintenance. You value working in the field with a team of experienced and talented technicians. You can prioritize multiple tasks and see things through to completion. The quality of your work matters to you because you take pride in what you do, plus you have an openness to learn and improve your skills. Just any job isn’t enough for you; you want to be a part of a larger, important mission to help people and make a positive impact on their lives.
Why Work for Thistle?
Thistle offers competitive wages plus generous benefits: 4-day work week, health (including a plan with $0 employee contribution), dental, vision, life, vacation & sick time, holidays (you even get your birthday off), a wellness program, 401k, trainings, regular staff lunches, plus fun summer and holiday staff events.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Or one to three years related experience and/or training in a maintenance, installation or repair field (multi-family housing experience a plus); or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bilingual English/Spanish – highly desirable
- Knowledgeable, skills, and abilities and experience in preventive maintenance, repair and /or remodel of multi-housing facilities and real estate properties in basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, painting, grounds keeping, snow removal, trouble shooting skills, use of hand and power tools, repair/maintenance of a variety of types of equipment
- Provide excellent customer service, professionalism, and sensitivity to a diverse population of adults and their children, seniors, and people with disabilities (physical and hidden)
Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Background and reference checks required
- MUST participate in rotating “on-call” duty and can meet a 40-minute max response time for on-call and/or emergencies (includes overnight and weekends; compensated accordingly)
- Driving is a core requirement of the job. Candidates must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, a good driving record, and own reliable transportation. Mileage is compensated.
- This job is hard work but it’s also very rewarding. Be a part of maintaining affordable housing for people who would otherwise probably not be able to live in Boulder County.
Compensation: $18+ negotiable depending on experience.
Apply now to join our team! email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org