ROC Program Specialist
The Mission of Thistle Communities is to create, manage and preserve quality, permanently affordable homes for working families, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Thistle is an affiliate of ROC USA*, a national non-profit. Thistle is a Certified Technical Assistance Provider (CTAP) for ROC USA and helps residents of mobile home communities purchase their mobile home park.
SUMMARY OF JOB: This is a full-time salaried position with benefits in support of the Thistle ROC. This job may involve Colorado travel and night and weekend work. This position will:
- Provide training and technical assistance to established resident owned cooperatives who manage their mobile home communities in Colorado.
Salary: $55,000 per year
Job Type: Full-time (36 hours/week minimum)
- Proven experience coaching adults in a range of settings
- Excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Spanish fluency is highly desired
- Competency with Microsoft suite and databases required
- High school or equivalent; College degree highly desired
- Driver’s License, own vehicle, insurance clean driving record
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and will share vaccination card/record
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Wellness program
Schedule: 4-Day Work Week; Schedule to be determined with Supervisor
Provide support to resident-owned manufactured housing communities:
- Provide training and technical assistance to ROCs to promote good governance, strengthen community engagement, support the annual budgeting process, improve ROC financial health, support community projects and advance ROC self-sufficiency
- Collect and maintain ROC financials and documents for use of ROC staff and in compliance with technical assistance agreements, loan servicing agreements, and annual financial review requirements
- Consult with resident association board meetings, including preparation, agenda assistance, coaching in running efficient meetings, parliamentary procedure, effective follow-up, and review of minutes and financial statements
- Assist with training and coaching co-op boards on the creation, implementation, and enforcement of bylaws and community rules and regulations
- Assist with training and coaching co-op boards on the creation and implementation of policies related to member applications, parliamentary procedure, committee structures, rules enforcement, management practices, etc.
Facilitate and manage ongoing board member leadership development and training by attending monthly cooperative board meetings. Training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Cooperative board leadership and governance
- Cooperative board and member duties and responsibilities
- Effective communication with cooperative members and community organizing
- Budgeting and financial management tools
- Establishment and management of cooperative committees
- Short and long-term capital improvement planning
- Marketing around vacancies and fair housing requirements
Assist both established and developing resident-owned communities with all aspects of their financial and loan compliance responsibilities
As needed, assist struggling cooperatives to assess their organizational health, identify problems, and develop goals and a plan of action
Liaise with the cooperative attorney to ensure cooperative adherence to nonprofit cooperative law
Assist cooperative board members with annual renewals and business requirements, including taxes, insurance, and state business registration
Assist cooperative board members with identifying resources (money, contractors, and professionals) to address any issues with the operations or maintenance of the park
Work closely with cooperative board members and the property manager in the creation of annual operating budgets and short and long-term capital improvement plans
Assist PD and FOC as they identify and work with brokers, manufactured housing community owners, resident cooperatives, and individual homeowners to effectively convert the park to a resident owned community (ROC).
Work Remotely: Yes
Please submit your résumé with a cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for this position!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com